Friday, June 20, 2008

Pregnancy Boom at Gloucester High

Interesting, yet sad article from Time Magazine - article

Unconditional love is a big pull and they feel they can get that love from a baby. But, sadly, they have no clue what they are really getting themselves into. Parenting is hard, I know there are days when I feel like I barely have a hold on things and I am soon to be 29. There is no way I could have handled all of the responsiblity as a 16 year old.

It is wonderful that the high school provides child care so young mothers can finish high school, but maybe they need to include some counseling classes on the realities of being a parent. My heart aches for these girls!

Babies are definitely cute and cuddly, but they really don't like to sleep and are kind of expensive too! :) Maybe they should come and get real world experience at my house and get up with Elizabeth 4 times a night.

1 comment:

The dirtdauber said...

To add to what you have said -- having had 5 with a set of twins in between, there is little sleep or energy after a full day. Indeed, I agree with you that there should be a class in parenting and family for all high school children. Many don't have a real family life and could use such a film. The dauber at age 76